top of page



When people decide to come to Canada to study English or French or work as a Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW), they fall under the category of Temporary Residence Class, and are thus expected to return to their country of origin after a determinate period of stay in Canada at the end of their approved visa term.  

DAD Immigration can guide and asses the most suitable option based on your circumstances.


For a Visitor Visa to be approved, an applicant must have a valid travel document, good health and sufficient funds to cover their stay in Canada. It is also required to provide proof that they have significant ties in their home country and have the intent to leave Canada at the end of their stay. An invitation from a friend or family member from Canada is helpful, but not required.


To come to Canada as a Temporary Foreign Worker, it is required to have a positive or neutral Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). 

An LMIA is a exhaustive process for employers who want to hire foreign nationals to fill in their labor needs in Canada. Employers must prove that no Canadian citizen or PR is interested for the position and that the Canadian labor market will not affected by hiring a TFW. In addition to the advertising cost of the position, the employer is also required to pay $1,000 CAD for each employee they hire, as well as the cost of the flight to come to and from Canada. 


For a Student Permit, a Letter of Acceptance from a designated institution in Canada is the first step. Proof of financial support - including sufficient finds to pay for tuition, living and return travel expenses for the student and any other dependent family members they may have - is required. Additionally, a Police Certificate and medication examination are also mandatory.

Though coming to Canada as a student may sound expensive as a family, this option offers a far greater value, especially when the children in the elementary school level. As an international student in Canada, you have the option of working on or off campus for a maximum of 20 hours per week. Your accompanying spouse will be eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit without the requirement of an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assesment). Your spouse can work full time as long as you maintain your status as a full time student, as well available free elementary or high school education for your children. 

Upon the completion of study in Canada, you will be allowed to apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP), in which work experience is considered to qualify for the Canadian Experience Class. Your spouse and children will continue to enjoy the same privileges, and your stay in Canada will credited towards a maximum of one year towards the requirement for residency you apply for Canadian citizenship. 



Different Canadian provinces have their own immigration programs and streams for people interested in coming to Canada as an Entrepreneur. The requirement for these categories vary broadly depending on the particular province. Once the application is approved by the province, the application will still need to be processed by the IRCC.

Recent changes and development from the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) have more favorable parameters for Entrepreneurs wishing to come to Canada. The new Owner/Operator LMIA program is a game changer as it provides an opportunity for candidates to buy or start a business and come to Canada as his/her own employer. The basic requirements are to own at least 51% of the business and to have the business based and duly registered in Canada. The application must also demonstrate that the candidate is a vital part of the day to day operation and management of the business.

Similar to a Work Visa, a positive of neutral LMIA is still required for the application, however, the candidate is no longer required to advertise the position. There is also the possibility of bringing all of the applicant's family members to Canada to become permanent residents.

DAD Immigration will assist in preparing a business plan, which is the first step of the process, and will continue to guide you throughout the entire application process. This option is available for candidates BOTH within & outside of Canada.


Only Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents who are 18 years of age or older can sponsor a family member to become a Permanent Resident in Canada. Apart from meeting the minimum requirements, the Sponsor must also sign an undertaking agreement to be responsible for the family members being sponsored. One CANNOT be a Sponsor if he/she is receiving social assistance, is in a bankruptcy situation, subject to a removal order, convicted of a crime or being detained in prison.

The sponsored person can be a spouse, a minor child, the parents or the grandparents of the Sponsor. If you are sponsoring a parent or grandparent, you must also meet the minimum low income cut-off (LICO) and show a proof of income to be able to support the family members.


Internationally-educated nurses can work in Canada as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) as long as they are admitted to the College of Nurses in the province they intend to work. It is a long, rigorous process for an internationally-educated nurse to come to Canada to work as a nurse as different requirement is imposed by each province.

An applicant's Educational Credentials also need to be assessed in order to be considered for admission to Canada, given that not all countries require the number of years of education as the Canadian educational system of at least 16 years of studies in order to complete the basic nursing program.

Contact DAD Immigration so we can guide you through the process of coming to Canada to work or immigrate as a nurse. We will discuss all your options and alternate routes available, including the possibility of coming to Canada as a Live-in Caregiver and then eventually work as a nurse in the future. 

bottom of page